SaltDogg® 3.5-5.5 Cubic Yard Hydraulic Stainless Auger Spreader
3687 MFG #: SaltDogg
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, and a sand/salt mix.
- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 15,000 GVW.
- Powered by two independent electric motors for auger and spinner.
- 18 in. poly spinner with six fins broadcasts up to 30 ft.
- 5-1/4 inch variable pitch auger with a 304 stainless steel adjustable inverted V for optimum corrosion resistance and to improve flow and reduce stress on the drive line.
- Four hinged top screens with 1/4 inch diameter bars.
- 12 inch adjustable height swing-away spinner chute has three adjustable internal baffles and quick detach pins for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- The SaltDogg® 3.5-5.5 Cubic Yard Electric Auger Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a heavy duty, durable spreader that is ready for use with a truck's existing central hydraulic system. Spreader is built to spread sand, salt, or a sand/salt mix.
With hopper lengths between 96 and 120 inches, it is designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with 15,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis. The auger design is efficient and easy to maintain with few moving parts.
A SaltDogg stainless spreader is an investment made to last, with features that will get the job done. Its hopper and fully welded frame are made from high quality 304 stainless steel for long lasting corrosion protection. The hopper also comes outfitted with four hinged top screens with 1/4 inch bars. The spreader is equipped with 5-1/4 inch variable-pitch auger, and features an inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The spinner is powered by a 1/2 HP, 12V motor, and the auger is powered by a 3/4 HP, 12V motor.
The spreader's 18 in. poly spinner with six fins casts material 2 ft to 30 ft. The swing-away chute design has quick detach pins. The chute and spinner assembly flips up or detaches completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
Hydraulic spreader controls are sold separately. A variety of options are available, including manual hydraulic, manual with load sensing, and electric over hydraulic, available with or without GPS. See Related Products below.
Pictured with optional spreader stand (3037291) sold separately.