- Helps prevent loss and damage by stopping a disconnected trailer.
- Long lasting, weather-resistant components.
- Works on single or multiple axle trailers.
- Easily bolts or welds to a trailer frame.
- Note: Not a substitute for safety chains.
- Buyers Products Breakaway Switch can help prevent damage and loss caused by a runaway trailer. Required in most states on trailers over 3,000 lb, a breakaway system will immediately activate your trailer's electric brakes.
The 6-24V switch comes with a 48 in. plastic-coated high strength cable, and a corrosion-resistant zinc-plated mounting bracket. You can either bolt or weld the bracket to your trailer frame.
The switch can be used for single and multiple axle trailers.
Note: The switch is not a substitute for safety chains.
5422010 Breakaway Switch