SaltDogg™ 2 Cubic Yard Gas Poly Hopper Spreader
1860 MFG #: SaltDogg
- Designed for 1 ton trucks.
- 96 in. hopper with a 2 cubic yard capacity.
- 10-1/2 HP gas engine with convenient electric start and throttle control.
- Spreads bulk salt or a salt/sand mix.
- Versatile 12 in. chain conveyor drive.
- 12 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft.
- Durable, corrosion-free poly hopper.
- Top screen and inverted V included.
- Optional extended chute available.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg 2 Cubic Yard Gas Poly Hopper Spreader gives contractors and businesses a gas-powered spreader ready for commercial applications using bulk salt, bulk sand, or a salt/sand mix. The poly hopper is just under 8 ft long and can fit in an extended-bed 1 ton truck. With electric start and in-cab throttle control, the spreader combines the power of a gas engine with modern spreader conveniences. The spreader comes equipped with a 12V electric clutch and in-cab, 3 position momentary switch and throttle.
A SaltDogg spreader is an investment made to last. The spreader is powered by a 10-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek industrial/commercial engine with a battery for electric start. A heavy duty drive shaft and 1-1/8 in. sealed bearings are designed for long life. The high-torque conveyor gearbox has a 20:1 ratio with a 1 in. input shaft and 1-1/8 in. output shaft on tapered roller bearings to provide extra power on start up. Its double wall, all-poly hopper construction is lightweight, manageable, and corrosion-proof for long lasting use. The hopper also comes outfitted with a top screen.The spreader is equipped with a steel pintle chain conveyor, and features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 12 in. wide and has a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with friction lock offers additional material flow control.
Its 12 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft and gets the job done. The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Adjustable baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to match your use.