SaltDogg® 2 Cubic Yard Gas Steel Hopper Spreader
- Designed for 1 ton trucks.
- 96 in. hopper with a 2.0 cubic yard capacity.
- 10-1/2 HP gas engine with convenient electric start and throttle control.
- Spreads bulk salt or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
- In-cab controls with independent variable speeds for the conveyor and spinner.
- 12 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft.
- Versatile 12 in. chain conveyor drive.
- Corrosion-resistant orange powder-coated carbon steel construction.
- Top screen and inverted V included.
- Optional extended chute available.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg 2 Cubic Yard Gas Stainless Hopper Spreader gives contractors and businesses a gas-powered spreader ready for commercial applications using bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix. Its 8 ft hopper can fit in an extended-bed 1 ton truck. With electric start and in-cab throttle control, the spreader combines the power of a gas engine with modern spreader conveniences. The spreader comes equipped with a 12V electric clutch and in-cab, 3 position momentary switch and throttle.
The spreader is powered by a 10-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek industrial/commercial engine with a battery for electric start. A heavy duty drive shaft and 1-1/8 in. sealed bearings are designed for long life. The high-torque conveyor gearbox has a 20:1 ratio with a 1 in. input shaft and 1-1/8 in. output shaft on tapered roller bearings to provide extra power on start up.
The bright orange carbon steel hopper is dual powder-coated for optimum corrosion protection. The frame is continuously welded for strength and durability. The hopper also comes outfitted with a top screen. The spreader is equipped with a steel pintle chain conveyor and features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 12 in. wide and has a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with friction lock offers additional material flow control.
Its 12 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft and gets the job done. The spreader comes with an extended chute to accommodate taller trucks. Adjustable baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to match your use.