SaltDogg® 3.5-5 Cubic Yard Gas Conveyor Chain Spreader
- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight).
- High quality, 304 stainless steel construction for optimum corrosion resistance.
- Powered by a 10-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek industrial/commercial engine with an included battery for electric start.
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
- In-cab controls with independent variable speeds for the conveyor and spinner.
- 18 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft, using a regular or extended chute.
- Versatile 14-1/2 in. chain conveyor drive with 1/4 in. crossbars.
- Two chute baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to your use.
- Stainless steel inverted V reduces stress on the drive line and improves flow.
- Four hinged top screens with 1/4 in. bars included.
- Spreader is shown with optional light bar (8891144) , and pre-wet system (LS1) which are sold separately.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg 3.5-5 Cubic Yard Gas Conveyor Chain Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a gas-powered spreader ready for commercial use. The 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers are designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 15,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis. With electric start and in-cab throttle control, the spreader combines the power of a gas engine with modern spreader conveniences. It works with bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
Buyers Products sets the standard for what you should expect from your spreader company. The spreader comes equipped with a 12V electric clutch and in-cab,
three position momentary switch and throttle. The spreader's hopper and fully welded frame are made from high quality 304 stainless steel for long lasting corrosion protection. The hopper also comes outfitted with four hinged top screens with 1/4 in. bars.
The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Two adjustable baffles allow you to cater the spread pattern to your use, with an 18 in. poly spinner that casts material 2 ft to 30 ft. The chute and spinner assembly flip up or detach completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
The steel pintle chain conveyor features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 14-1/2 in. wide with 1/4 in. crossbars and a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with lock pin offers additional material flow control.
The spreader is powered by a 10-1/2 HP Briggs and Stratton Intek industrial/commercial engine with an included battery for electric start. A heavy duty 1-1/4 in. drive shaft and 1-1/8 in. sealed bearings are designed for long life. The high-torque conveyor gearbox has a 20:1 ratio with a 1 in. input shaft and 1-1/8 in. output shaft on tapered roller bearings to provide extra power on startup. A SaltDogg Spreader is built to last.
Spreader is shown with optional light bar (8891144) and pre-wet system (LS1) which are sold separately.