SaltDogg™ 2.5-3 Cubic Yard Hydraulic Conveyor Chain Spreader
1857 MFG #: SaltDogg
- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight).
- Available with 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers with a capacity from 2.5 to 3 cubic yards.
- Hydraulic powered drive with two motors for independent conveyor and spinner operation.
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, or a salt/sand mix.
- Powerful 14-1/2 in. chain conveyor drive with a stainless steel inverted V to improve flow and reduce stress on the drive line.
- 18 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft, using a regular or extended chute.
- Two chute baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to your use.
- Hydraulic spreader controls sold separately with variety of options available.
- High quality, 304 stainless steel construction for optimum corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel inverted V reduces stress on the drive line and improves flow.
- Two hinged top screen with 1/4 in. bars included.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg 2.5-3 Cubic Yard Hydraulic Conveyor Chain Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a heavy duty, durable spreader that is ready for use with a truck's existing central hydraulic system. The 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers are designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 13,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis. It's conveyor chain is driven by a hydraulic motor with a 20:1 worm gear box. The spinner is power by a direct mount hydraulic motor.
A SaltDogg stainless spreader is an investment made to last. Its hopper and fully welded frame are made from high quality 304 stainless steel for long lasting corrosion protection. The hopper also comes outfitted with a top screen. The spreader, which comes outfitted with two hinged-top screens with 1/4 in bars, is equipped with a steel pintle chain conveyor and features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 14-1/2 in. wide with 1/4 in. crossbars, and has a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with lock pin offers additional material flow control.
A 18 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft. The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Two adjustable baffles allow you to cater the spread pattern to your use. The chute and spinner assembly flips up or detaches completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
Hydraulic spreader controls are sold separately. A variety of options are available, including manual hydraulic, manual with load sensing, and electric over hydraulic (available with or without GPS).