SaltDogg® 3.5-5 Cubic Yard Hydraulic Conveyor Chain Spreader
- Designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a 15,000 to 19,500 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight).
- Available with 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers with a capacity from 3.5 to 5 cubic yards.
- Hydraulic powered drive with two motors for conveyor and spinner operation.
- Spreads bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
- Hydraulic spreader controls sold separately with variety of options available.
- 18 in. poly spinner broadcasts up to 30 ft, using a regular or extended chute.
- Versatile 14-1/2 in. chain conveyor drive.
- Two chute baffles allow you to adjust the spread pattern to your use.
- High quality, 304 stainless steel construction for optimum corrosion resistance.
- Stainless steel inverted V reduces stress on the drive line and improves flow.
- Four hinged top screens with 1/4 in. bars included.
- Made in the USA.
- Buyers Products SaltDogg 3.5-5 Cubic Yard Hydraulic Conveyor Chain Spreader gives contractors and municipalities a heavy duty, durable spreader that is ready for use with a truck's existing central hydraulic system. The 96 in., 108 in., or 120 in. hoppers are designed for dump bodies and flatbeds with a minimum 15,000 lb GVW (gross vehicle weight) chassis. It works with bulk salt, bulk sand, or a 50/50 salt/sand mix.
The hopper, which comes outfitted with a top screen and fully welded frame, is made from high quality 304 stainless steel for long lasting corrosion protection. It comes equipped with two hinged top screens with 1/4 in bars. The steel pintle chain conveyor features a stainless steel inverted V to reduce stress on the drive line and improve flow. The high-flow conveyor is 14-1/2 in. wide with 1/4 in. crossbars, and has a stainless steel floor. An adjustable feedgate with lock pin offers additional material flow control.
The conveyor chain is driven by a hydraulic motor with a 20:1 worm gear box. The spinner is powered by a direct mount hydraulic motor. An 18 in. poly spinner casts material 2 ft to 30 ft. The spreader is available with a regular or extended chute. Two adjustable baffles allow you to cater the spread pattern to your use. The chute and spinner assembly flips up or detaches completely, tool-free, for convenient bulk unload, easy servicing, and access to towing.
Hydraulic spreader controls are sold separately. A variety of options are available, including manual hydraulic, manual with load sensing, and electric over hydraulic, available with or without GPS. See Related Products below.